The big boss is looking for the best builders in town!
Build or Boom by Goliath Games is a game that inspires so much and it encompasses lots of fun! The objective of the game is to be the first one to bring the blueprint cards to life. Build your structure quickly yet carefully on your platform. Then SMASH your boomer to send your opponent’s structure tumbling. There’s only room for one building in this town…do you have what it takes? Or will you get boomed on your way to the top? This game is perfect for two players and ages four and up.
- 4 Boards
- 4 Blocks
- 4 Triangles
- 4 Arches
- 4 Cones
- 4 I-Beams
- 4 Barrels
- 2 Builders
- 30 Blueprint Cards
- 2 Platforms
- 2 Boomers
- 2 Air Hoses
- 1 Card Holder
- Complete Instructions
How to Play
- Draw a blueprint card and place it in the card holder. Make sure both players can see the blueprint card equally.
- Count to three and say go! The object of the game is to follow the plans on the blueprint card using blocks from the pile, and reproduce that structure on your building platform.
- Once you have completed the plans, smash the Boomer to send your opponent’s structure tumbling!
- If your tower matches the card exactly, keep that card and score one point.
- Replace the blocks in the middle of the table and get ready to play again!
- First person to earn 10 points wins the game!
Since I work in the Construction industry, I thought it would be best to use my expertise in this game review. 😉
We literally had a blast playing this game! We love the idea of promoting construction in this fun and interactive game. There are so many skills that can be learned with this game such as building STEM skills which include analytical thinking and shape recognition. Great skills for your child and as a family to grasp together.
We have been playing this game almost every night as Nikki loves it and keeps reminding me that it should be easy for me since I work in Construction. I still haven’t told her that I don’t actually do the heavy labor work but I will let her believe that I do. On a side note, there is no heavy lifting or hard labor involved in this game. 😉
Build or Boom is great for two players, ages four and up. On this #MelAndNikkiReview, we give it 10 booms out of 5! This is such a unique game and it is a much needed game for Family Game Night.
If you would like to add this fun game to your family game night, click here. You will have a booming blast!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
*This game was provided in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are our own. Please note that Sherhill Construction did not sponsor this article or endorsement.