A few weeks ago I was chatting with one of my uncles about my blog and the feature of recipes. We went through a different list of some of our favorite dishes and then he asked if I shared the Portuguese Potato Salad with Tuna recipe…I haven’t! So thank you Uncle John for inspiring this share!
Growing up this was a dish that my mom often made and it was so yummy but I think families will appreciate how quick and easy it is to make.
Portuguese Potato Salad With Tuna
- Garlic Powder or a Clove of Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Optional: Eggs, Onion and Chickpeas
- Peel the potatoes, chop them into pieces and wash them in water.
- Fill a pot with water and add the chopped potatoes.
- In the pot add some salt and a dash of garlic powder or a clove of garlic (This is a great added taste). You can also use this time to boil eggs if you would like to add this to the dish.
- Boil the potatoes until they get soft to eat. You may want to taste them during the process to see if you need to add some more salt for taste.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the water.
- Open up a can of tuna and drain out the oil. Break up the tuna to place over the potatoes.
- Take your plate and add the desired potatoes that you would like to eat, then add the tuna that you would like on top.
- Drizzle olive oil over the food and mix it all together.
- Optional: Chop up some onions to add on top and slice up some boiled eggs. You can even add chickpeas to the dish and it will be just as great and filling!
And there you have it, Portuguese Potato Salad with Tuna! Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
– Momma Braga