Dessert is always a great addition to any meal and one that I am well-known for making in my circle is cracker cake.
At first, many cringe their noses as it is hard to visualize what this would taste or look like. However, once you get over the name, it truly is delicious. This is why many call this cake a pudding cake but we like to stay original and authentic. 😉
I love making this dessert as it is very simple to make and it is a very light dessert to eat. I have been asked by many how I make it and I am finally sharing it on my blog. I want to give a special thank you to my Aunt Connie who was the one who taught us how to do this amazing dessert.
Let’s roll up our selves and get non-baking!
- Two (2) boxes of Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix (102g)
- Unsalted crackers
- Lactose Free Milk
- Cool Whip
- Two (2) Mixing Bowls
- Large Spoon for mixing
*We recommend to make the cracker cake two days before you need it and keep it in the fridge. This helps keep the crackers very moist and creamy.
- First, take your two mixing bowls as you will be using them to create your pudding.
- With the first bowl, add two cups of milk (we use Lactose Free) and then add one box of the Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding.
- Then, with a large spoon mix the pudding mix and the milk until it becomes a pudding substance.
- Then, you add half of the tub of Cool Whip. Keep the other half for the next mixing bowl. Stir the cool whip and vanilla pudding.
- Once you have it mixed, put it to the side. With the next mixing bowl, do steps two to four above. Then you are ready to make your cake!
- First, take a spoon and spread your pudding cream that you created to the bottom of your pan (this process is similar to the lasagna process) and then add your first layer of crackers.
- Then, add your pudding cream on top of the crackers until they are fully covered. The more cream, the better. 😉 Keep doing the process until you are satisfied with the height of it. We recommend to do three layers of crackers.
- Once all done, place it in the fridge.
I am incredibly honored to be sharing this great recipe with all my amazing readers and followers. My Aunt loved the idea of sharing this with the world, that we might be sharing some more of her great dessert recipes and you don’t want to miss those!
Make sure to click our subscribe button to not miss a single post. 🙂 If you try this cracker cake recipe, let us know as we would love to know how it turned out for you. You can tag us #MommaBraga or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
– Momma Braga