The beauty of recipes is that everyone can add their own little spin to make it their own. With Easter approaching, a meal that I enjoy making is roasted chicken with bread stuffing. Over the years, it has been my mom’s special dish and I doubted my ability to do the same. However, I gathered the confidence that I needed and now I can make the stuffing too!
Let’s roll up our selves and get cooking!
- French Bread Loaf
- Corn Bread
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- First, cut the French Bread loaf in half and soak it in a bowl with water.
- Then, squeeze the water out of the bread and break them into pieces to place in a food mill. Make sure to place the food mill over a tray that can be placed in the oven. Once you grind the bread, it will fall into the tray. Continue this step until all the bread is done.
- Then, cut the corn bread in half and remove the outer part of the bread. Place it in a new bowl with water.
- Once the corn bread is soaked, squeeze the water out and place it in the food mill to grind.
- Once the corn bread is completed, spread it throughout over the French bread in the tray. *Corn bread helps keep the stuffing together.
- Then, it is time to add the ingredients. Add salt, black pepper, minced garlic, paprika and 4 spoons of butter. Mix it really well in the stuffing. *You can taste test a little to make sure the ingredient amounts are just right.
- Once completed, cover it and place in the oven. It is recommended to prepare the stuffing the night before to absorb the ingredients beautifully.
- On cooking day, remove it from the fridge and place in the oven at 350 Farenheit. Put the timer on for 15 minutes and then mix the stuffing. Then, add another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Optional: You can add graving on top of the stuffing to make it moist or while cooking, we add some of the sauce that the roasted chicken is cooking in. It adds additional flavor!
And there you have it, Bread Stuffing! Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
– Momma Braga