Chicken is always my go to dish as that is the one meat that is best for my health. At times it can get tiring making grilled chicken; therefore, I shake it up a bit by making roasted chicken.
This dish is not an every day meal since it takes a really long time to cook but worth every minute!
Here is my recipe on roasted chicken and it is absolutely delicious!
- Whole Chicken
- 1 Onion
- Black Pepper
- Chopped Garlic cloves (I used 2)
- Red Wine
- Wash the whole chicken and cut the tail of the chicken.
- Place washed chicken in roast pan.
- Add your ingredients: salt, black pepper, chopped garlic cloves, paprika, Half cup of red wine and half cup of water. Measurements for the ingredients are based on what you normally use in your meat marinating.
- Remember to add ingredients on top and bottom of the chicken.
- Cut the onions into rings and spread them on the chicken and within the roasting pan. It will float in the wine and water that was used.
- Pre-heat the oven (475 Fahrenheit) and once oven is ready place the roasting pan in the oven.
- Place timer for 45 minutes (oven times may vary depending on your oven). Once the time is up, turn the oven chicken over to cook the back side.
- Place timer for another 45 minutes. Once the time is up, flip it again and add another 30 minutes.
- Always double check to make sure the chicken is fully cooked before removing. Usually I do a cut in the chicken to check (make sure to wear your oven mittens).
- Once complete you can remove from the oven. Once cooled, cut the chicken to your liking and serve with a side of your choice.
- Optional – we made some chicken gravy to add over and depending on what we are feeling, we have used homemade stuffing (recipe coming soon), roasted potatoes or rice. Of course we always have a side of salad! 😉
And there you have it, Momma Braga’s Roasted Chicken! Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!