A very easy and simple recipe that my husband adores in our home is the Clam Stew. We like to do this meal every once in awhile and we love how simple it is.
- 1/2 Onion
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Baby Clams (We love to use the Ferma Baby Clams)
- Cup of water
- 5 to 7 potatoes
- Start by washing the onions and potatoes. Chop up the onions and potatoes. Everyone has a preferred style for potatoes in their stew, we like it diced. Set the potatoes aside as you will need them later.
- Once the onions are cut, place them in a pot with some olive oil with a pinch of paprika, salt and black pepper. On low heat cook the onion until the onions are a golden color. Then add your clams (including the liquid that is included in the canned clams), potatoes and one cup of water.
- Let it cook on medium and stir.
- Now cook until the potatoes are cooked and you are done. If a fork goes through the potatoes then that is my sign that they are done.
- You can serve your clam stew in a bowl and if you like Portuguese buns, then provide some at the dinner table as they are great for dipping into the stew.
And there you have it, Momma Braga’s clam stew! Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
– Momma Braga