Written By: Karen Silva
We all know that every good Halloween party or get together, needs some munchies to keep your little monsters full and satisfied. I will share with you some “not so scary” Halloween munchies, that are easy to make and yummy to your tummy.
Remember to use your best judgment as to which tasks you can have your child help you with.
What you will need: Bananas, White chocolate wafers, Chocolate chips and Popsicle sticks
- First unpeel your bananas and cut them in half.
- Melt your wafers until your white chocolate is liquid (I did mine in the microwave for 40 seconds).
- Then dip half of your Popsicle stick into the chocolate and stick it into the end of the banana.
- Once completed, gently dip the whole banana into the melted chocolate and add three chocolate chips (two for eyes and one for a surprised spooky mouth).
- Then set all the done ones onto a tray over wax paper and put it in the freezer for about an hour.
What you will need: A large tray, veggie dip, baby carrots, broccoli and cucumber
- First lay out your baby carrots in to a circle shape and use the broccoli as your stem of your veggie pumpkin creation.
- Remove the baby carrots from the areas in which you would like to have the eyes and nose and place a small container with veggie dip in those places.
- Finally remove the baby carrots to create your mouth and add some sliced cucumbers in that area.
What you will need: Toast bread, cold cuts, mayo, cheese, circle shape cookie cutter and green olives with opening
- First with your cookie cutter, cut out circle shapes on your toast bread slices.
- Once completed, assemble your sandwiches using your mayo first, then cold cuts.
- Before you add your cheese, use a knife to design your cheese slices to look like sharp teeth.
- Once you have added that and put another circle piece of toast bread you are ready to add your eyes. That’s right you guessed it! Use the olives as your monsters eyeballs.
- To keep them in place you can add a tooth pick to each one, just make sure your guests can see the tooth picks so that they can pick them out before taking a bite.
Sweet and sticky pumpkins!
What you will need: Rice crispy Squares, Rolo chocolate and green cookie icing
- Feel free to make your own Rice Crispy Squares from scratch. Or you can just buy a box of Rice Crispy Squares, add two drops of Orange food coloring on each, pop them in the microwave for 8 seconds and then shape them into a pumpkin.
- Once you have that done stick one Rolo chocolate on the top as your pumpkin stem.
- Now you can stop right there or you can use the green icing to create some more detail on the pumpkin like leaves.
Eye love cupcakes!
What you will need: Your favorite cupcake recipe, white buttercream icing, red icing, black icing and lifesaver candy
- First make and bake your favorite cupcake recipe and then set them aside to cool down.
- Now comes the fun part… decorating!
- Spread your white buttercream icing on all of your cupcakes.
- Then place one life saver in the middle of each cupcake.
- Using your black icing fill in the hole in the middle of the life saver to complete the look of your eye.
- Finally add your final detail using the red icing and drawing out some veins.
I hope I didn’t make you drool too much! All of these ideas are super easy to make and it doesn’t take too much time to make.
Until next time mombies!