Pinterest is such a wonderful medium that offers such great ideas and it seems that I found some extra time on my hands so I ended up looking at some recipes. I came across one that took the lasagna and literally rolled it up!
So I decided why not take my lasagna recipe and try their idea out! The end result was absolutely delicious!
- Ground Chicken (or Ground Turkey or Ground Beef)
- 1 Onion
- Olive Oil
- Lasagna Pasta
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Tomato Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of red wine
- Parsley Flakes
- Marinate your meat (which ever one you prefer to do. We used ground turkey this time.) prior to cooking.
- Wash meat well.
- Place meat in a bowl and add the following ingredients; salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, 4 teaspoons of red wine (the wine added is what sets this recipe apart from many). Measurements for the ingredients are based on what you normally use in your meat marinating.
- Cut the onions up into small pieces.
- Once the onions are cut, place them in a pan with some olive oil. On low heat cook the onion and tomato until the onions are a golden color. Then add your meat.
- With ground meat you will need to keep breaking it apart and stirring it to ensure it gets cooked. Once the meat is cooked remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon to ensure that the olive oil is drained.
- Place the ground meat in a bowl and mix some tomato sauce.
- In another pot, fill it with water and add a drizzle of olive oil with a dash of salt and the add your lasagna pasta. Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and fill it with cold water to cool down the pasta.
- Then the roll-up begins! Start with some tomato sauce and spread to cover the bottom of the lasagna tray.
- Take one of the lasagna noodles (make sure it is dry) and place it in the tray. Add some tomato sauce, then add your ground meat and then some cheese.
- Then carefully roll it up slowly and place it at the far end of the tray in order to do more lasagna roll-ups. Continue until you have made enough roll-ups that you need.
- Once it is all rolled up, use some tomato sauce to cover the top of the noodles and then add some cheese (yes please!)
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 45 minutes (or until the cheese is melted to your liking). Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving and you can add some parsley flakes.
And there you have it, Momma Braga’s roll-up lasagna! Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!