A soup that my mom would make for us is tomato soup but it isn’t exactly what you think as we don’t actually use tomatoes. 😉
If you are looking for a simple and hearty soup recipe then this may be the one for you.
- Tomato Paste
- Olive Oil
- Knorr of Chicken
- Pasta (we usually use small pasta)
- Boiled Chicken Breast (marinated with salt, black pepper and garlic powder)
- First clean the chicken breast and marinate it with some salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Once completed, boil it first until it is fully cooked.
- Once chicken breast is cooked, remove it from the water. Shred the chicken breast into pieces to add into the soup afterwards.
- In a new pot, add water for the soup. It is always best to almost fill to the top as water does decrease when boiled. Add a teaspoon of tomato paste, some salt, a dash of olive oil and knorr of chicken.
- Clean and cut 2 onions into quarters and add to pot of water.
- We also peel potatoes and cut them into small pieces to add into the soup.
- Once all ingredients are added, turn the heat onto medium.
- Stir as necessary and once potatoes are almost fully cooked, add the pasta and shredded chicken. Take a quick taste to see if additional salt needs to be added.
- Once pasta is cooked, the soup is ready.
That is it! A simple recipe that is hearty and delicious! Enjoy!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!