A new series is launching on Saturday November 3rd at 10:30 AM on tvoKids called Super Mighty Makers!
A TV series around kindness, crafting and a lot of fun is what we can look forward to with the Super Mighty Makers.
The Super Mighty Makers (SMMs) are a team of in-the-field kids with special powers to help a friend real Craft Kids with a problem that can be solved with kindness, through crafting.
In each episode, one of our four SMMs gets the craft alert from Bondini – uber crafter and blimp pilot – that sets off the MAKER MISSION! Together in the CareCraft blimp, Bondini and the SMM learn all about the Craft Kid – who they want to help, what that person needs help with, and figure out the perfect craft to make for the situation! Then, they “sparkle up” the Craft Kid and get cracking on the coolest craft ever. When the one-of-a-kind creation has been completed, Bondini and the SMM “sparkle down” their friend and watch on as he or she gives the craft to the special recipient.
Another act of kindness. Another MAKER MISSION completed!
Join The Mighty Maker Movement
The SMMs are out to spread the message of crafting for kindness across the nation, making the world a better place one craft at a time!
So we at Momma Braga had to take part as we love kindness and crafts! The SMMs gave us all the tools that we needed to make a very special craft, a Kindness Cloud.
We are delighted to share with all of our amazing readers on how to make this very simple and thoughtful craft to be given to a special family member or friend.
DIY Kindness Cloud Craft
What You’ll Need
- 1 Cloud (pre-cut)
- 6 Strips of construction paper (pre-cut)
- Glue Stick
- Pick a family or friend you want to spread kindness to and think about the things you love about them. Write their name in the cloud followed by “__________ is amazing because he/she is…”
- Write a word on each piece of coloured construction paper that describes your friend (i.e. giving, funny, kind, etc.). Be sure to leave room at the top of each piece for glue.
- Flip the cloud over so the written side is facing down. Place glue on the top of the written side of each coloured strip.
- Please the coloured strips on the cloud with the written side facing down and place the colours in order from left to right. Let the glue dry for five minutes and then flip your card over to reveal your beautiful craft!
- Once the cloud and rainbow strips are glued together secure the craft to the inside of the frame.
- Once your craft is finished, give it to your family or friend and remember to spread kindness wherever you go! Make sure to upload a picture to social media using the #MightyMakerMovement tag and show us how your spreading kindness in your community!
Nikki picked her baby cousin Adriana as she loves her dearly and thought what a great keepsake for her little cousin. Nikki told me that you are never too young to learn and teach kindness (heart melting at the moment).
The craft is so creative and adorable to do! We had a blast making it together and gets us excited to tune in to the Super Mighty Makers on tvoKids on November 3rd and onward. We would love to see your kindness cloud craft or any other craft that you come up with! Just make sure to tag us @mommabraga.
Until next time…Happy Parenting!