Growing up in a Portuguese household, it wasn’t uncommon to have a fish dish for dinner. However, the one type of fish my parents did not do was salmon. Only when I got older did I notice that salmon was often served at the special events that I would attend and after eating “one bad one.” It was a dish that I stayed away from but it was time to go back to salmon.
I researched for long hours trying to figure out what recipe was easy to follow for my first attempt at this dish. It was actually difficult to find a recipe that I could easily follow so I combined a few recipe steps together and made this Baked Garlic Lemon Salmon dish just in time to celebrate my mother-in-law’s birthday.
Baked Garlic Lemon Salmon
- Fresh bone-in salmon (They say bone-in but they do try to take out as many bones as they can. We were lucky not to get any bones in ours)
- 8 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 stick or 4 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup of freshly-squeezed lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 white wine
- Start by washing the salmon thoroughly and put it aside. You can also start the pre-heat process to 350.
- In a pot, place the butter and wait until it melts and add all your chopped up garlic. Stir.
- Once the garlic cooks a bit in the butter, remove from the top of the stove and place it on a trivet.
- Then add the white wine and freshly-squeezed lemon to the pot. Then stir. Place aside.
- Use a baking flat tray and cover it with tin foil (leave extra as you will be wrapping up the salmon in it). On the tin foil, spread butter so that the salmon doesn’t stick to it.
- Once it is all covered, add your salmon.
- With a spoon, add the sauce that was just made onto each salmon. Then with a brush, spread it on the whole salmon.
- Then cover the salmon with tin foil and place it in the oven.
- Time varies depending on how you want to have your salmon cooked and the type of oven you have. For me, it took 40 minutes to cook to perfection. *You can uncover the salmon 5 minutes prior to removing it from the oven.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle the green onions and parsley over each salmon.
- Then it is ready to serve!
This was an easy and simple recipe to follow and the end result was fantastic! I truly enjoyed eating this dish and I know I will be making it again soon. The best compliment anyone could get after you cook a meal, is when your guests ask to bring left overs home. This is how I know that I did a great job and had to share this recipe with all of you. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, would love to hear from you. Leave a comment below. 🙂
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
– Momma Braga
One Reply to “Baked Garlic Lemon Salmon | Recipe”
Looks so yummy!