Written By: Karen Silva
When your baby can’t walk yet and they are just not into playing in their jungle gym anymore that day, you have to think of something to do to keep your baby entertained. This can be a difficult task to do especially if you have a young baby on your hands. I did some research and found the perfect activity that has helped me keep my four-month old baby entertained.
Not only did it provide great entertainment but it also became a great family project.
Our Little Family
This activity was seen on Pinterest which has become one of my obsessed apps of all time. When I saw how simple, fun and creative it was, I knew I just had to do it.
Material Needed: All you need is White cardboard, pencil, scissors, two different paint colours, glue, glitter and a picture frame.
- First, I took the glass from the frame and put it on top of the cardboard and with a pencil traced it out. Once completed, cut it out.
- Next step was to first paint my husband’s hands since his is the biggest with one paint color.
- Once it was dried I did my handprint on top of his, then set it aside to dry again. (Tip note: I made sure we all used the same hand so it looked neater.)
- I didn’t have a chance to buy non toxic safe paint so instead I used school glue. With the help of someone holding my daughter, I added glue to her hand and then pressed her hand onto my handprint.
- Then sprinkle the glitter over before the glue dries and then tap off the access.
- The final touch I added was the writing on the top, then put it in the frame.
This is how “Our Little Family” Craft turned out and we love how it came out. It was simple to do and it kept us all entertained, even my four-month old.
Give it a try and let us know how your little family turned out by sharing in the comment section below.
Until next time…Happy DIY!
About the Author
Karen Silva is a writer on Momma Braga and is Melanie Braga’s sister. Karen graduated from Sheridan College with an Early Childhood Education Diploma. She worked with children for about five years before expanding her skills in Administration. Combined with her ECE background and passion for DIY projects and baking, she has recently joined Momma Braga and has become an expert writer for the blog. Karen hopes by sharing her knowledge, tips and tricks, she can bring families together through her creative ideas.
Karen is also a mother of one very adorable baby girl in 2018.
3 Replies to “Our Little Family DIY Craft”
This craft is so adorable!! Something you’ll treasure forever. ❤️
Thank you so much Sarah! 🙂