A couple of weeks ago, I shared my very first recipe blog post and it was a hit! Thank you to everyone who enjoyed it and shared the recipe. Since it was such a hit, I decided to share another recipe and this time it is one from my mom.
Last weekend I went to visit my parents and my mom made me one of my favorite Portuguese dishes that I grew up with. It is called Ervilhas Guisadas which is Portuguese Braised Peas with Eggs and Chourico. This dish is well known in the Portuguese community and many people prepare it differently but the end result is always the same, delicious! Today I am sharing the recipe of how my mom prepares this classic Portuguese dish.
- Medium Chopped Onion
- Medium Chopped Tomato
- 1 Portuguese Chorizo, sliced
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- Potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 3 Eggs
- In a pot, drizzle olive oil to cover the base of the pot. Then add the chopped onion, chopped tomato, sliced chorizo, paprika and black pepper (paprika and black pepper measurements are based on what you normally use in a dish). Stir the ingredients in the pot.
- Cook on medium heat and once onions are cooked, add about 3 cups of water (or to your liking).
- Once the water comes to a boil, add frozen peas and potatoes. You can add your sea salt at this point.
- In a separate bowl, crack the three eggs.
- When the peas and potatoes are cooked, slowly add the eggs and start stirring.
- Once the eggs are cooked, your meal is ready to be served.
- Optional: I personally like eating this meal with a side of corn bread. It’s the Portuguese in me that just loves to have some bread to accompany the food.
Enjoy this meal and if you do make it, don’t forget to take some pictures and send them to me. You can tag your photos with #MommaBragaRecipe or you can email them to me at email@example.com.
Until next time…Happy Cooking!
– Momma Braga