This year has been a very unique year to say the least and since unicorns represent uniqueness, it has been our theme this year. We decided to make some unicorn jars for our immediate family as a way to celebrate Nikki’s 6th Birthday.
We of course searched for some ideas on Pinterest that never seems to fail us. We found a design that we loved and put it together. It is very simple to put together and looks adorable!
- Jar with lids
- Permanent Marker
- Paper Flowers
- Gold Glitter Cardstock
- White Felt
- Hot Glue Gun
- Extra: Goodies to fill jars
- We first did all our cutting first so that we had all the pieces to put together. We cut out triangles to make the horn with the Gold Glitter cardstock and we used the same to make smaller triangles for the inside of the ears.
- We then cut triangles on the white felt for the ears. We made sure it was bigger than the small triangles and once cut, we rounded the tip.
- Then glue the small triangles onto the white felt to finish off your unicorn ears.
- We placed all our cut pieces on the side with our paper flowers that we purchased already made from our local dollar store.
- Now for the fun part! We hot glued the horn to the lid and then the ears. Once it has been placed, we hot glued the flowers. We got different colors to make each jar unique!
- Then we filled the jars with Skittles and chocolate because we could all use some sweetness. 😉
- Using a permanent marker you can add the eyelids and eyelashes to the jar.
- Once all your personal touches have been added, you can gift your Unicorn jars or you can keep them!
There you have it! Easy and beautiful Unicorn Jars. We had a lot of fun making them and we know our family will love it too.
If you have or are going to make your own Unicorn Jars, we would love to see it. Just tag us #MommaBraga and we will share it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!