Homemade cards are always best to receive especially from your little one. We love making cards for all kinds of occasions and we found a design idea that we found a big hoot!
Introducing the DIY Owl Card craft that can be given to a loved one for any special event.
Let’s get started!
DIY Owl Card
- Card Stock Paper
- Construction Paper
- Split Pins
- First pick the colors you want to use in your craft. First trace the shape of the body of the owl to the card stock color of your choice. Then you can pick colors that you would like to use for the wings, beak and eyes. Click the link to download the free template: Owl Template
- Once you have everything traced, you can cut each piece out. 🙂 *We recommend for parents to do the cutting especially with little ones.
- Then, it’s time to put your owl together. We first added the wings. Line up one of the wings to make sure it aligns with the body. Then, with a one-hole puncher do a hole on the wing with the body. Do the same to the other wing.
- A key element to the owl card is to have it’s wings move and this is why we used split pins to attach the wings to the body. We put them through the holes we created to make it neat.
- Next, glue the smaller circles to the bigger circles for the eyes. We went a little extra by adding eyelids. We did this by drawing another circle and cutting it in half. One half went to one eye and the other half went to the other eye. Then, we glued the beak.
- Add your own design and creativity to the wings if you would like. We took markers and made some cool lines across. It gave the owl a more “feather” look. 😉
- Lastly, add your personal message in the middle of the owl by swiping the wings to the side. You can customize your message to fit the special event you are celebrating. It could be as simple as: “Owl Always Love You.”
There you have it! Give someone a hoot with these adorable Owl cards. They are a lot of fun to make and the surprise message inside will bring smiles to your loved ones.
We would love to see your creations and please share them. Use hashtag #MelAndNikkiCrafts to be featured on our social media!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!