Our recipes have been very popular on our blog and I want to thank everyone for taking the time to show us the love! In today’s post, I am sharing an easy over roast beef recipe that I created by taking what I liked best from my mom and sister’s recipe.
I am a very simple person and like keeping ingredients as simple as possible. After going on Pinterest almost daily for two weeks straight to look at roast beef recipes, I just got deflated. I didn’t think I could make it as it all seemed hard and complicated. Even the ones that said, “Easy.” I combined my usual ingredients and added a little extra to really bring this recipe to the delicious level that had everyone wanting more.
Oven Roast Beef
- Oven Roast (We specifically used Certified Angus Half Eye of the Round Oven Roast)
- 1 Onion
- Olive Oil
- Bay Leaves
- Black Pepper
- Chopped Garlic cloves (I used 2)
- Red Wine
- Marinate your oven roast a day prior to let the meat soak in the ingredients for best taste.
- Wash roast well.
- Then make cuts in the meat on top. I sliced a bit into the meat but not all the way through. This way the ingredients can get into the meat and the juices will flow while cooking.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan.
- Add your ingredients: salt, black pepper, chopped garlic cloves, paprika, Half cup of red wine and half cup of water. Measurements for the ingredients are based on what you normally use in your meat marinating.
- Remember to add ingredients on top and bottom of the roast. Then massage it into the roast all over. This was fun!
- Cut the onions into rings and spread them on the roast and within the roasting pan. It will float in the wine and water that was used.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter, one bay leaf into the roasting pan and drizzle olive oil on roast an in the pan.
- Place it in the fridge with a tin foil covering it until you are ready to cook the next day.
- The next day remove the pan from the fridge and after the oven is pre-heated (475 Fahrenheit), place it in the oven with the tin foil still wrapped.
- Place timer for 60 minutes. Once the time is up, turn the oven roast over to cook the bottom side.
- Place timer for another 60 minutes. Once the time is up, remove it from the oven.
- Let it cool it down so it is safe to cut. Once it is, you can slice the roast beef all the way through. This is a great way to determine if you need to cook more to ensure that it cooked to your liking.
- We like it well done so once it was sliced, I placed it back in the oven for another 30 minutes on one side and then flipped them for another 20 minutes (All timing can vary depend on ovens).
- Once complete you can remove from the oven and it can be ready to serve with a side of your choice. I kept some of the sauce from the pan and onions onto the tray to keep the flavor. 😉
- Optional – we made some gravy to add over the roast beef and I used roasted potatoes as the side for my family. This was a great hit!
And there you have it, Momma Braga’s Oven Roast Beef! Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!