Written By: Karen Silva
Hello my fellow momma and papa bears, it has been a while. I was pretty busy taking in my whole pregnancy and then the birth of my beautiful baby girl. Now I’m back and ready to share some great ideas with you.
These activities were inspired by my three month old baby as I wanted to do something special for Father’s Day. These art activities are super easy to do and does not require a lot of material. It can also be done for any day of the year as you don’t need a special occasion to have some creative fun. Please note that some of these you may need an assistant to help you or you may want to do them when your baby is asleep.
Leave A Little Sparkle
This is one of my favourites! Especially how I LOVE glitter!
Material Needed: A picture frame, paint brush, glitter, glue and Printer.
- First, with a paint brush add glue onto the bottom of your babies feet (it is easier if you do one at a time).
- Then place their foot onto the glass of the picture frame to make the footprint.
- Once you have done that, sprinkle the glitter on top and dust off the access.
- Once you have cleaned the glue off of your baby’s foot, repeat the same steps to the other foot.
- Then on a computer, create a sign that says “Leave a little sparkle everywhere you go” (I found this quote on Google).
- Cut and insert that sign in the picture frame. You can leave the glitter foot print design on the outside or you can flip it in, so that no glitter can be taken off.
Material Needed: A camera, scrapbook, scrapbook paper and glue.
- First dress your little one in cute outfits of your choice and do a mini photo shoot with them (IF they are up for it… I did mine after a feed).
- Also make sure to take some family selfies, as that is always great to have in a scrapbook.
- Once you have them printed out you can make a photo college on some scrapbook paper (I found mine at my local Michael’s Craft store).
- Once completed to your liking, you can put your scrapbook together.
Songs With Props
Material Needed: Computer, printer, Popsicle sticks and glue or tape.
My baby girl loves the Five Little Monkey’s song so I choose to do this one.
- First I printed five different pictures of cartoon monkeys and a picture of a bed.
- Once I have printed them and cut them out, I glued them onto Popsicle sticks.
- Then when I sang the song to her I would use these props.
- For a more personal idea you can do the “Family Finger song”, for your props just print out a picture of you, dad, baby and anyone else. This way when you are singing “Daddy finger, daddy finger where are you?” Hold up their dad’s picture and continue the song.
I hope these three ideas inspire you to create some memories in a unique way with your little one. If you choose to do any of these or know of some other great ideas I would love to see them, so please tag me on Twitter.
Until next time… Keep it crafty!
– Momma Bear Silva