Bring a little Grinch to your next Christmas event with this adorable game that will have everyone eager to play!
Grinch Grab Christmas Punch Game
We all know that the Grinch just needs a little love especially during the holiday season. You can now show him this love by poking him and in return there are some Christmas goodies inside.
We love being able to create fun games and crafts that are also inexpensive too. The best part of the Grinch Grab Christmas Punch Game is that all items can be purchased at the Dollar Store or the Dollar Tree.
- Bristol board (we used black as we can reuse it for other events in the future).
- Plastic cups
- Green tissue paper
- Black marker
- Elastic bands (green if possible)
- Wooden sticks
- Toys and treats
- Hot glue gun
- First, position the plastic cups (bottoms down) on the bristol board. This way you can see how many cups are needed to make it work for you.
- Once, you have the plastic cups where you would like them to be, you can add the hot glue to the bottom and stick them to the bristol board.
- Next, is the real fun part! You can add toys, candies or anything small that would be a great treat for someone to get into the plastic cups. We used a lot of little toys and chocolates for the kiddies who will be playing the game.
- Then, I drew the Grinch’s face with black marker onto green tissue paper. If you don’t like to draw or can’t, you can just trace it. You can search for the face silhouette, print it and trace it on the tissue paper. It is see-through so it will be super easy. *Other Option: You can just have hearts instead of the Grinch’s face to make it super easy if you are stretched for time.
- With an elastic band, wrap the tissue paper gently around the opening of the plastic cups. We used green elastic bands to stick with the theme and we bought the multi-colored package from the dollar store.
- Optional: You can create a sign for your game if you would like to, but you don’t need to. It is up to you. 🙂
The next piece to the game is the wonderful sticks to use to (gently) poke the cups. These were super easy to make, and we made one for each child playing the game.
- First, fold felt in half. This way you have two hearts of the same size.
- Then, place one of the hearts at the back of the stick (close to the bottom). Add, hot glue to the heart to match the stick.
- Before adding the second heart, make sure to add hot glue. We then added hot glue around the heart to close it around the bottom of the wooden stick.
Then, you have your finish heart sticks to play the game. You can even write the child’s name on the heart if you want to add some personalization.
Your game is now ready to play! We can’t wait to play this one and if you decide to do one too, share it with us by tagging our Instagram account @Official_MommaBraga as we would love to share it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!