Mother’s Day is approaching and that means it is time to show mom how special they are! We love making crafts and this year we decided to make them from the heart.
We headed onto Pinterest to get some inspiration and this is how the Mother’s Day 3D Tulip Craft idea was born.
It is fun, easy and becomes a beautiful piece in the end.
3D Tulip Craft
- Construction Paper
- Popsicle Sticks
- Black Marker
- First pick the colors you want to use in your craft. First trace the shape of your pot to the construction color of your choice. We found a template that you can use to help with the pot outline. Click the link to download: Flower Pot Template
- Cut out the pot and then fold it in half. Then you have your pot ready. You can punch a hole on the end of each side of the pot. This is where you will feed the ribbon at the end. 🙂 *We recommend for parents to do the cutting especially with little ones.
- Then, you can use another construction paper to write your “Happy Mother’s Day” wording on the outside of the pot. You can use any type of paper and we used some glitter paper to really add some sparkle for mom. 😉 Place your pot aside for the next step.
- Next, it is time for the tulips! We used a raindrop template to help build our tulips. We took one raindrop and traced it on the colored paper that we wanted to use. Each tulip takes three (3) raindrops. Here is the free download: Raindrop Template
- Then, we took two (2) raindrops and we folded them in half. On one of the halves we added glue and attached it to the one (1) raindrop that has not been folded. We then took the other raindrop and did the same and glued it on the other side of the tulip. Continue steps until your three (3) tulips are ready for your pot.
- Next, glue the tops of the tulips to the popsicle sticks. Then, you can glue the flowers to the inside of the pot.
- Lastly, add your personal message in your pot. Then you can seal your pot with the ribbon and tie it with a nice bow.
There you have it! Mother’s Day 3D Tulip Craft that will have mom keep a treasured memory and flowers that can be kept forever.
We would love to see your creations and please share them with us! Use hashtag #MelAndNikkiCrafts.
Until next time…Happy Parenting!