Our lasagna recipes have been a great hit and we decided to share one more which is our vegetarian one. It was very easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Let’s roll up our selves and get cooking!
- Vegetables of your choice (We used red, orange and yellow bell peppers and zucchini)
- Olive Oil
- Lasagna Pasta
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Tomato Sauce
- Black Pepper
- First, wash and cut all your vegetables that you would like to use as your lasagna filler (that is what I like to call it).
- Then, add some seasoning to your vegetables. I put some salt, black pepper and drizzle olive oil. Once it is seasoned, you can sauté them in a pan.
- Once the vegetables are complete, place them aside for afterwards.
- The following day you can start cutting up your onions and tomato.
- In another pot, fill it with water and add a drizzle of olive oil with a dash of salt and the add your lasagna pasta. Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and fill it with cold water to cool down the pasta.
- Then the layering begins. Start with some tomato sauce and spread to cover the bottom of the lasagna tray. Layer with lasagna pasta, tomato sauce, vegetables and mozzarella cheese. Continue layering until all ingredients are used, reserve 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese for the top of the lasagna. *Tip: Use cheese on the first layer and the layer before the very top.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 45 minutes (or until the cheese is melted to your liking). Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
And there you have it, Vegetarian lasagna! Give it a try and let me know what you think of it! It has been a great hit in our home and an easy meal to deliver to someone who may need a great meal while at home.
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
– Momma Braga