Quick and easy meals are always great in a busy household. We have hectic schedules especially every two weeks when my husband switches his work shifts. This is why some weeks, I am looking for the easiest meal that is filling and tastes great.
Everyone can make spaghetti and there are so many additional ingredients you can add to make it your very own. We have never really been a spaghetti family but this one we just fell in love with and it was a healthy one! Here is our Spaghetti recipe.
- Ground Turkey (or Ground Chicken)
- 1 Onion
- Olive Oil
- Spaghetti (Whole Wheat or any other type that you prefer)
- Tomato Sauce (Your choice)
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of red wine
- Marinate your meat (which ever one you prefer to do. We use ground turkey) prior to cooking.
- Wash meat well.
- Place meat in a bowl and add the following ingredients; salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, 4 teaspoons of red wine (the wine added is what sets this recipe apart from many). Measurements for the ingredients are based on what you normally use in your meat marinating.
- Cut the onions up into small pieces.
- Cut the zucchini into small quarters and marinate it with salt, black pepper and olive oil. Mix and keep aside until you need to cook them.
- Once the onions are cut, place them in a pan with some olive oil. On low heat cook the onion until the onions are a golden color. Then add your meat.
- With ground meat you will need to keep breaking it apart and stirring it to ensure it gets cooked. Once the meat is almost cooked, add zucchini and keep mixing until it is all cooked.
- Place the ground meat and zucchini in a bowl and mix some tomato sauce.
- In another pot, fill it with water and add a drizzle of olive oil with a dash of salt and the add your spaghetti. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain the water.
- In a mixing bowl, add spaghetti and ground meat with zucchini and mix.
- Once all mixed to your liking, it is ready to serve! If you want to be more creative you can add many more veggies into your meal too. 🙂
And there you have it, Momma Braga’s spaghetti! Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!