Pop-up cards are awesome especially if they are for dad! We came across an adorable idea to make a Father’s Day card that will make dad smile like the sun.
Here is how we made a “Dad, You Are My Sunshine” card.
Dad, You Are My Sunshine
- Card Stock Paper or Construction Paper
- Googly eyes
- First pick the construction paper color for your card. It can be any color as this is a personal card for dad. Fold the paper in half to make your card. Then, in the middle of the card cut two straight lines across from each other and then you cut the middle from the one line to the other (see image below). Fold the piece inside as this is what will be used to put the sun on.
- The fun work now begins as you start creating the pieces for the inside. We used yellow construction paper for the sun. First draw a circle and then draw at least seven (7) to eight (8) triangles.
- You can help your little one cut everything out. Your child can then glue the triangles to the circle sun and google eyes. We added a smile and some pink for the cheeks.
- Then, we quickly drew some clouds with white construction paper (you can choose another color if you would like to make the clouds) and then we cut them out. We used four (4) clouds.
- When all pieces are ready, you can start gluing them to the inside of the card. The sun gets glued to the pop-up tab and the clouds are glued on the card behind the sun. *Test out the card by closing it to make sure the sun goes down. We folded a bit of the bottom of the sun to make it easier.
- Lastly, add “Dad, You are my SUNSHINE” inside the card.
There you have it! Let dad know that he is your sunshine with this adorable pop-up card made from love.
We would love to see your creations. Use hashtag #MelAndNikkiCrafts to be featured on our social media!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!