Spread some love with adorable Heart Suncatchers. These hearts are easy, fun and bring so much joy to loved ones.
We originally found this idea on Pinterest and changed it a little bit to make it easier with items that we had at home.
Here are our Heart Suncatcher crafts!
- Construction Paper (We used red and pink)
- Tissue Paper and glitter
- Clear Tape
- Scissors (We recommend parents do the cutting for younger children)
- First pick a color for your heart. Once picked, fold it in half and draw the half of a heart. Inside that half draw another half of heart within it.
- Cut out the two hearts on the one construction paper. You will be left with an outline of a heart and a complete heart. Save the full hearts to use for other crafts or you can use it to decorate your home. 🙂 *We recommend for parents to do the cutting especially with little ones.
- Then, use the clear tape to go across the open space of the heart from one end to another. Tape the heart until the open space is covered. We recommend to do this on a placemat to make it easier to lift without breaking the heart.
- Next, slowly lift the heart and flip it over to the expose sticky part of the tape. Let the decorating begin!
- Add tissue paper and or glitter to the sticky part of the tape.
- Next, use the clear tape again to seal in your masterpiece. Use the same step as in the beginning by taking the tape from one end to the other end of the heart. Do this until the middle of the heart is covered.
- Lastly, parents can cut any access tape along the heart shape.
- Optional, if you want a clean look at the end. You can trace the shape of the heart twice prior to taping. You can cut these additional two hearts. Then, you place one heart on one side of the heart and glue it. The other heart glue on the other side. Let your child decide which one they would like best. They are the artist. 😉
There you have it! Your very own Heart Suncatchers to brighten anyone’s day. We have posted our hearts on our front window to hopefully bring joy to our neighborhood.
We would love to see your Heart Suncatchers and share them with us! Use hashtag #MelAndNikkiCrafts.
Until next time…Happy Parenting!