The era of crafts has been in full bloom in our home as we look for ways to stay creative and active. With Valentine’s Day approaching, we decide to embrace love more now then ever before. As we all know the world needs a lot more of it.
We of course searched for some ideas on Pinterest that never seems to fail us. We found a few ideas that we love and will be sharing a new one on our blog as we create them. Therefore, you should stop by or subscribe to our blog to not miss any. 😉
Here is the Valentine’s Day Unicorn craft that is absolutely adorable!
- Paper Plate
- Black Marker
- Yellow/Gold, Pink, Red and White Construction Paper (or any color of your choosing)
- Hearts (got sticker hearts at my local dollar store)
- Glue stick
- Scissors (We recommend parents do the cutting for younger children)
- First draw and pre-cut the unicorn horn (gold or yellow construction paper), ears (white construction paper), strips of construction paper for the mane and nose heart (pink construction paper) to make it easier for little ones.
- Glue the nose heart at the bottom of the plate and add two small heart stickers as the nostrils and a bigger heart at the bottom as the mouth.
- With a black marker create the unicorn eyes. We used the famous closed eyelids with eyelashes. It is a classic look that Nikki loves.
- Then, add the horn at the top but in the middle of the eyes (as best as your little one can). It doesn’t need to be perfect as long as everyone is having fun!
- Next, you can add heart stickers in front of the unicorn horn. You can use any design or colors that you would like. Make it your own. 🙂
- Then, glue the ears near the horn. You can then place a heart sticker in the inside. We did ours as an upside down heart.
- Lastly, add the mane by gluing it to the back of the plate. Nikki picked the colors red and pink for the mane but you can use any color. I was hoping to do rainbow colors but Nikki wanted to keep it Valentine theme.
There you have it! Your very own Valentine’s Day Unicorn to brighten anyone’s day. We have posted it on our wall that we are calling our “Nikki’s Art Gallery.”
We would love to see your Valentine’s Day Unicorn and share them with us! Use hashtag #MelAndNikkiCrafts.
Until next time…Happy Parenting!