“Burping Bobby brought family game night to a whole new burping level and we loved it!” – Momma Braga
Bobby loves stinky food! Feed him, but watch out – you never know when he’s going to BUUUURRRRP! Real lights and steam will burst from his mouth when he burps! The player with the most points after Bobby burps wins. Innovative “gotcha!” moment with familiar gameplay that kids love.
Requires 3 AAA batteries, not included. It is great for two to four players, ages four and up.
Contents included: 1 Burping Bobby Hippo, 18 Food Tokens, 1 Water Pipette and complete instructions.
How to Play
Once you have assembled the game and inserted the batteries required, then you are ready to play!
- The youngest player goes first. Play proceeds in a clockwise direction.
- On your turn, announce what type of food you intend to pick up: Garlic, Onion, Soda, Cheese, Pizza or Beans.
- Randomly select one of the food tokens from the table. If you pick the wrong food from what you announced, you must feed it to the hippo!
- Check the number that appears on the token. Open the hippo’s mouth. Place the food on top of the tongue. Close the mouth. Then turn the crank the number of times indicated on the token.
- The hippo will chew and swallow the food. If you pick the correct food, you score the points and keep the token, faceup, in front of you.
- Your turn is then over and play proceeds clockwise.
- Eating too many smelly foods leads to some nasty effects! The game continues until the hippo delivers a terrible green BURRRP! Gross!
- The game ends when the hippo burps. The unlucky player that he burps on loses their highest valued food token (if they have any). Be the player with the most points in front of you to win!
- If nobody has points, Burping Bobby is the winner! In the event of a tie, two or more players may be declared as winners. After the hippo burps, close his mouth and remove the tokens from the door on the back of the hippo to start a new game.
Burping Bobby brought some burping fun to family game night and we loved it! Who would have thought a burping hippo named Bobby would bring so much fun and giggles?!
The anticipation had us all on the edge of our seats wondering who was going to get the burp. I am proud to say that I was not the first one to get the burp but my husband did which is ironic since we call him the burping king. 😉 We just couldn’t stop smiling and laughing during the many games that we played. I think this will be a family favorite for many game nights ahead.
A tip would be to add water (only) which is added by removing the hippo’s ears. This gives you that wonderful mist that you feel when Bobby burps (lol).
For this #MelAndNikkiReview, we give Burping Bobby 10 burps out of 5! This game provided us hours of fun and giggle. Burping Bobby is a must for family game night!
If you would like to purchase this game for your next family game night, click here.
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
*Please note that this game was provided in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are our own.