Do you know someone who loves the classic hidden word puzzles? If so, then this is the perfect game for them and for the whole family!
Goliath Games brings us a new exciting game for family game night, Word Search Game.
The race is on this new twist on the version of the classic hidden world puzzle – it turns a solitary activity into a fun group word game as players go on a word search. Rotate the specially-designed circular board to reveal the word that the players will race to find on this turn. Everyone plays at once, and the first player to locate the word marks it with transparent colored tiles. The player with the most colored markers on the board wins!
Playing the Game
- The youngest player starts by turning the playing board in a clockwise direction until the first word is revealed. This word must be read out loud by the player.
- All the players now search for the word on the board.
- The hidden word can be written forwards or backwards and be positioned in all directions, horizontally, vertically and diagonally, but is always in one straight line. The first player to find the word must yell “Wordsearch!” and immediately point to the word on the board. If that player is unable to point to the word on the board, s/he must skip the current round and other players can search for the word on the board.
- Play continues in a clockwise direction. The next player turns the ring until the next word is revealed.
- The game continues until all the words have been played and the black starting space reappears.
If a newly found word crosses a word that has already been found, the markers covering that previous word are removed from the board, unless those markers belong to the player who found the new word. When this removal causes another word to be incomplete, this word also has to be removed.
- 1 Wordsearch Board
- 8 Double-Sided Game Cards (16 Games Total)
- 280 Marking Pieces (70 Red, 70 Yellow, 70 Green, 70 Blue)
- Complete Instructions
I LOVE this game and finally found a game that was made just for me! 😉
Always thought I was excellent at hidden world puzzles and this game confirmed it as I did extremely well. It is the first time that I won every single time (my daughter is only four but my husband sure isn’t, hehe). I never win at games so this one wins the award for the best game EVER in my book (yes I am being bias, lol).
Wordsearch Game is fun for the whole family and really gets your mind moving. We love the many game card options and there is even an option to create your very own game card (how cool is that!). It truly is a fun game for all especially if you love word searching like me!
Therefore, for this #MelAndNikkiReview, we give WordSearch Game 10 stars out of 5! It exceeding our expectations of fun as it offered a chance to exercise our minds and our hearts as we got to spend some quality family time together. *Plus, I won all the games. 😉
This game is recommended for ages 7 years and up and two to four players can play. If you would like to purchase this game for your family game night, click here. You won’t regret it!
Until next time…Happy Parenting!
*This game was provided in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are our very own.